I’m excited to share with you some photos from the wedding of Liza & James who got married earlier this month at Aberdeen House in Ramsgate, followed by a fun-filled reception at the one of a kind Walpole Bay Hotel in Margate.
I really do enjoy spending the day with the bride & groom and their families, sharing in all those moments of excitement and anticipation.
There’s always a couple of things that stand out in my mind from each wedding and this day was no different. The personal highlight for me has to be the moment in the photograph below. The bride’s house had been buzzing all morning but started to empty until the only people left were Liza and her son Jordan who was accompanying her to the church and giving her away.
I can still visualise the excited look of anticipation on Liza’s face as I too left the house, one of realisation that this was really happening and she was soon to become Mrs Drake! Liza had told me previously that it would probably really difficult if not impossible to get a photo of Jordan because he hates having his picture taken. So I was really happy that I’d managed to make it bearable for Jordan and captured a really special moment I know that Liza will forever treasure.
Other great bits:
- The gorgeous light pouring onto Liza’s unique dress (which was made by her Mum) and Liza trusting me to take her dress outside under an umbrella to find that light. (Thank you!!)
- The cutest little dog I have possibly ever seen! I very nearly hid him in my bag and took him home!
- The proud look on Jordan’s face as he walked his Mum down the aisle
- The sound of four children collective playing the vintage keys of The Walpole Bay Hotel’s piano. ( look out for this photo in the slideshow)
- The quirky collection of vintage goodies in every nook and cranny of the reception venue. Amazeballs!!
- The huge grin on Liza’s face when her and James were pronounced man and wife! (See below)
Thank you to Kate Malyon who was my glamorous assistant and great company for the day and congratulations to Mr & Mrs Drake who have just returned from an amazing honeymoon in Paris!!
Enjoy the slide show and let me know your favourites in the comments section below. This one is mine…. pure unadulterated happiness!